What is hydraulics?
Simply put, hydraulics is a means whereby signals and energy are transmitted, controlled and distributed using a pressurized liquid most often oil or water as the medium. Hydraulics can be effectively combined with other technologies through the use of sensors, transducers and microprocessors. In short: Using fluids to transmit and regulate the forces in a machine or device.
TSS Rotterdam supplies the following manufacturers:
- Bosch Rexroth
- Finn Power
- Sauer Danfoss
- And others upon request
TSS Rotterdam supplies the following hydraulic components:
- Hydraulic pumps: which converts mechanical power to fluid power.
- Cylinders or motors: which converts fluid power to linear or rotary mechanical power.
- Valves: which control the direction, pressure and rate of flow.
- Filters, regulators and lubricators: which condition the fluid.
- Manifolds, hose, tube, fittings, couplings: which conduct the fluid between components.
- Sealing devices: which help contain the fluid.
- Accumulators and reservoirs: which store the fluid.
- Instruments: such as pressure switches, gauges, flow meters, sensors and transducers: which are used to help monitor the performance of a fluid power system.
For more information, download our hydraulics brochure (pdf).